Important information and who we are
Our full details are: Association ChamIdées at 26 Place Edmond Desailloud, 74400 Chamonix-Mont-Blanc. We are the controller and responsible for your personal data.
The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
- Name, email and contact information – if you contact us, book and/or come to our events, or are one of our event partners
- Contact preferences – if you have attended one of our events or are one of our event partners
When you book a ticket for TEDxChamonix, Eventbrite pass your name, email and contact information to us.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data for the purpose for which we collected it which include the following:
- To provide information about TEDxChamonix to you
- To manage your relationship with us, including speakers, event partners and attendees
- To enable you to participate in the survey from TED.com after our events
- To improve our events and website
- (Unless you tell us not to) to tell attendees at our events and our event partners about future events
Why we are allowed to use your personal data
The lawful bases for our use of your personal data are:
- When you buy a ticket to TEDxChamonix and we use your personal data to enable you to attend TEDxChamonix, we are performing our contract with you
- When we are dealing with our speakers and event partners, we are acting in our legitimate interests to promote TEDxChamonix and get speakers and event partners for TEDxChamonix
- When we carry out management and monitoring of our website, we are acting in our legitimate interests in protecting our website
- When we keep records of the commercial arrangements with our suppliers and event partners, we are complying with the law, including tax compliance
- When we ask you to complete a survey, we are acting in our and TED.com’s legitimate interests to understand feedback from TEDxChamonix and improve for the future.
- When we keep you updated about TEDxChamonix, we are either acting in our legitimate interests to undertake direct marketing or we have your consent. Where legal basis is consent you can withdraw consent at any time
How we share your personal data
We may share your personal data with external third parties:
- TED.com as part of our licence to organise TEDxChamonix
- Our suppliers and event partners who help us deliver TEDxChamonix (but only to help us deliver our events)
We may transfer, store and process your personal data outside the European Economic Area. If we do this, we will follow the rules in the GDPR. TED.com is based in the United States.
How long we keep your personal data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including to comply with any legal or accounting rules.
Your legal rights
Our supervisory authority is Commission Nationale de L’informatique et des Libertés.
You can find out more information about your legal rights on the CNIL website: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/les-droits-pour-maitriser-vos-donnees-personnelles.
Last updated: 6 December 2018